Tours in Ukraine
UKRAINE – HIDDEN TREASURE OF EUROPE
Satguru Travel welcomes you to visit Ukraine – the Land of Cossacks, lush nature, bright culture, rich traditions and unique architectural sites.
In recent years, Ukraine has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in Eastern Europe. There is much to learn and fall in love with, especially if you are curious. But the war-conflict in eastern Ukraine, which began in 2014, made people think about the safety of trips to Ukraine. Fortunately for Ukrainians and our guests, those TV & newspaper threats are greatly exaggerated. Usually, when foreign tourists come to Ukraine, it exceeds all their expectations. They see a beautiful and modern European country, very comfortable and safe for traveling and rest; they visit a lot of interesting places and meet new friends; they enjoy its marvellous architecture and picturesque landscapes; they like the high-quality service, delicious local food, and very competitive prices.
Some interesting facts about Ukraine:
- Ukraine has the distinction of being the geographical centre of Europe.
- Ukrainian civilizations date back to 4800 B.C. The country is located in an area where Trypillian and Scythian civilizations thrived.
- It features the deepest metro station in the world, which was built in 1960.
- Its capital city, Kyiv also features the shortest main city street with a length of only 1.2 km.
- Ukraine hosts up to seven UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the primeval beech forests of the Carpathians.
- Ukraine has about four or five ski resorts to shout about, including Bukovel in the Carpathian mountains, with 55km of slopes and 15 lifts.
- Ukraine has a cool coastline of the Black Sea & the Sea of Azov.
- Kiev is widely regarded as the country’s spiritual capital. Pilgrims regularly travel long distances to visit the Sofia Kyivska church and St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery.
- The popular Easter egg tradition originated in Ukraine.
- The world’s longest musical instrument also originates from Ukraine. The pipe piece is aptly named Trembita.
- “O Sole Mio” the world-famous song was composed in the country.
- According to Ukrainian folk tales, Kiev boasts up to three official witch gathering places. They share the name Lysa Hora (Bold Mountain).
- Ukrainians are hospitable but they seldom smile in public.
- Unlike many cultures around the world, Ukrainians wear wedding rings on the right hand not the left.
- The world’s first constitution was drafted and introduced in 1710 by Ukrainian Hetman Pylyp Orlyk
- The Heaviest Aircraft Ever – “The Antonov An-225 Mriya” was built in Kiev, Ukraine.
- The invention of the first gas lamp took place in Lviv.
- According to the Traveler’s Digest, Kiev is home to the most beautiful women in the country.
- Embroidered shirt “Vyshyvanka” is the Ukrainian national costume. It is decorated with ornamental hand woven embroidery featuring floral detail. Both women and men wear the costume on various occasions.
- Ukrainians love drinking horilka, which is a local variant of the famed vodka. Locals often flavor this national drink with chilli pepper to give it a bit more punch.
- Borsh and varenyky are some of the most popular traditional Ukrainian dishes.
Do you want to open this wonderful country plenty of entertainments for yourself?
Pick Ukraine and let it surprise you!